PADI Divemaster Course Gili Islands
The Divemaster course is where your professional level of training begins. Working side by side with our instructors here at Oceans 5 Dive Resort Gili Air you will tweak your diving capabilities and polish up on all your skills you learned during you previous education with PADI.
You’ll increase your dive experience; learn about management and the logistics of a dive operation. Guiding and supervising clients around our dive sites and assisting our experienced instructors during diver training, as a divemaster will become a role model to divers around the world. Whether you want to work at a remote dive resort or closer to home at your local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you.
Requirements for the PADI Divemaster Course
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
- Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply.
What will you learn during your PADI Divemaster Course?
Our PADI Divemaster course educates you to become a leader and take control of most dive activities. Through knowledge development, training waterskills, workshops and hands-on practical assessment, you cultivate the abilities to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Oceans 5 is a PADI Career Development Center. This is the highest rating for a dive resort. During the divemaster course you learn how an IDC dive center works. Also we have some extra additional workshops at Oceans 5 during the PADI Divemaster Course:
- Knot workshop
- How to use a liftbag workshop
- How to use a SMB workshop
- How to check a current workshop
- How to plan a dive workshop
- Safety procedures on the dive boat
Our Divemasters here at Oceans 5 Dive Centre are all equally trained and assessed to insure the highest quality of training. Oceans 5 takes all the training from “zero to hero” diving very seriously insuring safe diving practices at all times and the best level of professionalism in the industry. Zero to Hero program means starting with no dive experience at all till becoming a PADI Divemaster. This is all possible at Oceans 5 in 3 months.
After your divemaster course you will be well trained to become a PADI Dive Instructor! The PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC) will take 12-13days. Oceans 5 has 3 in the house couse directors who teach every month a dive instructor course.